Friday, February 1, 2008

Introduction

Hi Everyone! My name is Malorie Davino and I am a General Business major, with a focus in marketing and managing. I have verrrry mixed feelings about graduating in May because I have had the best time of my life at URI. I think the "this is the best four years of your life" statement is extremely true, especially in my eyes, and its certainly going to be hard to go into the real world, leaving my college days behind. However, I think I am ready to go out there and work hard to get where I want to go. I just recently had a great job offer which I am excited about, so depending on how things go with interviews and what not, I hope to be working for this Boston-based compay, as their Project manager. As someone who hopes to eventually open her own event planning firm in the future, this opportunity could really get my foot in the door.

I think that this social media class is going to be very interesting and helpful for anyone with any background. Technology is so prevalent in our society now that it is extremely important to learn the "ropes". I have already learned a lot in the few classes that we have had and I am positive that I will be able to take the skills and knowledge that Adriana teaches us in this class, and utilize it in any job that I have in the future.

No comments: