Friday, April 18, 2008

Semester long project....

Some of you know may know this, but most of you don't. Earlier in the semester I went to Austin, Texas for a job interview. It wasn't a typical type of job interview. It was one of me competing in a videogame competition to attempt to get chosen for the second season of the first ever world wide videogame league. The league is called the Championship Gaming Series, and there are 18 teams that compete worldwide in four different games. I was chosen to the San Francisco OPTX franchise to compete in a racing game. I will be moving to Los Angeles right after I graduate to prepare for the season. It'll be televised live on DirecTV on channel 101. I get a yearly salary for 6-8 weeks of work plus the opportunity of splitting $500,000 with my team if my team wins the final. One of the requirements in my contract is to post at least 1 blog each week about anything. I've done about 7-8 so far about random stuff (mostly gaming related). I'm also planning on doing some marketing related work to promote the team while I'm down there. The team website is www.sfoptx.com and you can see my mug on there and everything else there is to know.

6 comments:

Tony Matta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony Matta said...

Wow man.. that is awesome.
Goodluck

Adriana M. Boveda-Lambie said...

Talk about a dream job! Good Luck!

Dianna S said...

That sounds like fun. Good luck!

LG said...

What an awesome oppurtunity. Best of luck!

Kristyn-Anne said...

That's so cool I had no idea! Congratulations and good luck!