Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hulu.com goes live

As social media garners more users, and audiences spend less time in front of the TV but more in front of the computer Hulu - the newest offering of online TV content - goes live.

I spoke of Hulu early on the class (I'm a big fan) as it allows you to watch missed shows with very limited commercial interruptions and even better, has quite a variety of content.
At launch, Hulu will offer full-length episodes of more than 250 TV series, from current hits such as The Simpsons to older shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It also will offer 100 movies, including The Big Lebowski and Mulholland Drive.
And the best thing: it's free.

2 comments:

Eric Postemsky said...

Wow this is cool, I like it a lot better than some of the network sites. It runs a lot smoother I feel. It's a lot easier than YouTube for shows too.

Nicole St. Jean said...

after checking out the hula site, i was very impressed with the quality and sound of the motion picture. I expected the site to be more like youtube as Eric mentioned above. I don't think I would personally use this site much because I don't watch much tv, and when I do watch TV I prefer watching it on my TV because the screen is bigger and I don't have distractions from AIM popups/noises/screensaver coming on etc.